DYH Protech St Mary's Youth Football Woodstock, IL
DYH's patented Outer Soft Shell Technology is a simple as it is effective. The ProTech is a shell that is an "add-on" to new or existing helmets. As with many of the best ideas, this one was born of a very basic observation - when a soft object collides with a hard surface, a good portion of the energy generated is immediately diffused by energy-absorbing characteristics of the soft object. In helmet collisions, where despite interior padding, virtually all the collision energy is transferred inside the helmet cavity, raising the risk of injury. Protech's outer soft shell technology creates a maximum energy absorption system. The system reduces and absorbs energy as force impacts the helmet outer shell, the head, and the brain.
DYH has produced data from leading independent testing facilities including: Chesapeake Testing, BioKinetics, Penn State University, George Washington University, University of Waterloo and Wayne State University's renowned biomechanics laboratory.
- Results: ProTech significantly reduces force.
- Based on collisions at different angles and helmet locations, results registered averages in force reduction of up to 60% in severity index, 28% acceleration, 48% in angular/rotational acceleration, 45% in peak neck force and 52% in peak neck movement and 51% in HIC utilizing the ProTech versus a helmet without ProTech.
- The research concluded the DYH's soft shell technology can reduce the risk of head-trauma.
- ProTech makes all helmets safer.
- Energy Absorption: Specialized polyurethane foam absorbs energy caused by hits to the corner and delays impact much like an airbag does when a crash occurs.
- Reduced Speed of Hit: Unique attachment system's, Force Reduction Technology, allows cover to slightly deflecting harmful energy away from the head and then resets in place.
- Low Coefficient of Friction: Compared to conventional polycarbonate or ABS helmets, ProTech has a more slippery surface, which deflects glancing blows, one of the leading causes of head trauma.
- Heat proof, cold proof, & waterproof
- Reduces wear and tear on helmet
- Game Day Ready - Can match your helmet color and logo